|Cook Time||30 – 60 minutes|
- 600 g mushrooms
- 3 celery sticks
- 2 courgettes (zucchini)
- 150 g minced soya (optional)
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 aubergine
- 1 leek
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 can (400 g) Chopped tomatoes
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 10–12 potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 3 green chillies (optional)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 cup onion gravy (onion gravy granules - 2 Tbsp dissolved in 1 cup of water)
- Wash, prepare and chop all vegetables.
- Boil the peeled potatoes and preheat the oven at 180°C.
- In another large saucepan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once warm add the sliced mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Let it cook for about 3 minutes on high heat.
- Add the soya mince (if it is the dried option, ensure they are soaked and washed before hand).
- After a couple of minutes add the can of tomatoes (blended), carrots, and celery. Let these cook for 5 minutes on low heat and then add the courgettes, aubergines, leek and red onion.
- Add 2 stock cubes, crushed garlic, chillies and a teaspoon of ground black pepper. Let this cook on a low heat for 5 minutes and add the cup of onion gravy, green peas and season if necessary. Let this simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once the potatoes have boiled, drain the water; add a bit of butter, a drop of milk/cream, season and then mash the potatoes.
- Put the vegetable mix in an ovenproof dish, leaving an inch of space to add the mashed potato. Add the mashed potato on the top of the vegetable mix.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the potato is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Serve with seasonal vegetables and gravy.
Share this Recipe