Quinoa & Tofu
|Cook Time||30 – 60 minutes|
- 4 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp agave nectar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 225 g braising greens [(mix of kale, chard, collards, mustard, bok choy, raddichio, and turnip greens), coarsely chopped]
- ½ red onion (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Rinse quinoa, and add water, quinoa and the bouillon cube to a saucepan, bring to a boil, cook for 10 minutes, and then remove from heat.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 205°C / 400°F.
- Cut tofu into cubes and spread out on a baking tray.
- Coat tofu with olive oil and add garlic powder, onion powder, salt and mix well.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn the pieces over to cook for another 10 minutes to ensure all sides are cooked.
- Whilst hot, pour most of the mustard dressing and bake for another 5 minutes.
Braise the Greens
- In a large saucepan, heat some oil, add onions and garlic over a medium heat and add the braising greens.
- Cover until desired texture is reached.
- Add balsamic vinegar and salt, and then stir well.
- Combine quinoa, tofu, greens, and any leftover mustard dressing in a large mixing bowl and garnish with fresh basil and tomatoes.
- Serve warm.
Share this Recipe