|Cook Time||60+ minutes|
- 2 L milk
- 250 g pineapple
- 750 g Sugar
- 300 g milk cheese (Khoa – made by simmering full-fat milk in a pan for several hours, over a medium fire)
- 100 g cherries
- 25 g clarified butter (ghee)
- 150 g rice
- 10 g melon seeds
- Rose essence or kewra essence (few drops)
- Cherries to garnish
- Vegetarian silver foil (optional)
- Wash and soak the rice for 1 hour and dry on a cloth.
- Heat clarified butter and fry the rice until it becomes golden brown.
- Boil the milk in a pan.
- Add ¾ of the boiled milk to the golden brown rice and cook until thick and creamy.
- Add the khoa, sugar and remaining milk and cook on a low heat.
- Finely chop the pineapples and add to the mixture.
- To finish add the rose or kewra essence.
- Allow to cool and serve garnished with cherries, melon seeds and vegetarian silver foil (optional).
Share this Recipe