|Cook Time||60+ minutes|
- 550 g wheat flour
- 600 g cheese, ground feta or cottage cheese
- 100 mL sour cream
- 30 g dill
- 100 g spring onion (optional)
- 100 mL vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- For the dough, sift the flour into a wide bowl, make a well in the centre, add salt, 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil and 1 spoon vinegar and pour water (about 300 ml, depending on the flour).
- Knead smooth the dough for a few minutes, then make it into a ball and cover with a towel and let it rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- In this time mash the cheese for the stuffing and add the sour cream and salt.
- Finely chop the fresh herbs (onion and dill) and mix well with the cottage cheese mixture. The stuffing is ready.
- Make 8 – 9 identical dough balls (about 120 g – 130 g) and add flour as needed. Each ball will turn into one platsinda.
- Roll out the dough as thin as possible, to get a perfect circle.
- Put stuffing in the middle of each circle and spread it over the dough. Leave the edges free of stuffing.
- Pulling the dough gently, fold the edges like a rectangular envelope over the stuffing to make a platsinda about 15 – 17 cm in diameter.
- Put the platsinda on a heated pan with vegetable oil and cover with a lid.
- Cook each platsinda on a medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes on both sides until it becomes golden brown.
- Fold the platsindas on a plate and cut into 4 – 6 pieces. Serve hot.
You can make platsinda with different fillings, for example: different varieties of cheeses, potatoes, cabbage, pumpkins, apples and cherries!
Share this Recipe