|Cook Time||30 – 60 minutes|
- Boil the lentils in a pan filled with water.
- Cook until the lentils are soft and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir fry the onion and mushrooms.
- Add in the minced garlic and spices (salt, pepper, oregano). Mix it all together well.
- Place the flour on the table.
- Add hot water and blend it into a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut circles using a cup or glass.
- Fill each circle with a tablespoon of lentil filling.
- Fold the circle in half and crimp the edges.
- Boil a pot of salted water.
- Cook around 10 pierogi (dumplings) at a time for approximately 3 – 5 minutes.
- When the pierogi start to float on the surface it means they are done. Remove them from the pot and place in a dish, allowing the water to drain off.
- Pierogi can be enjoyed just boiled, served with a sauce or a further step can be taken to fry them a little bit, so that they are crispy on the outside.
Share this Recipe