Sauerkraut Vegetable Salad
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 600 g potato
- 400 g carrot
- 400 g beetroot
- 300 g sauerkraut (home made or store bought sour cabbage)
- 200 g pickled cucumber
- 180 g raw haricot beans or green pea / chick-pea (350g boiled / canned)
- 3–4 Tbsp sunflower-seed / olive oil
- Salt, as required
- Black pepper (ground)
- Soak the haricot beans overnight.
- Once soaked, wash and boil the haricot beans in salted water until tender.
- Thoroughly wash the beetroots, carrots and potatoes.
- Boil in a steamer until the vegetables are soft enough to cut.
- Once cooked, drain and allow vegetables to cool. (Cooling a beetroot in cold water makes them softer.)
- Peel potatoes and cut the beetroot, carrots, and pickled cucumbers into cubes of a similar size.
- Add the sour cabbage and cold haricot to the cubed vegetables.
- Finally, add oil, salt, and ground black pepper to taste and serve.
Share this Recipe