Haricot Bean & Crouton Salad
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 250 g haricot beans
- 150–200 g piece of potato
- 2 carrots (approx. 200 g)
- 1 small pickled cucumber (approx. 30–50 g)
- 1 slice of wholemeal / brown bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt (according to your taste)
- Sour cream or egg free mayonnaise
- Soak the haricot beans for 12 hours and then rinse.
- Peel and cut the carrots and potatoes into even cubes and add to a saucepan.
- Mix in the haricot beans in the saucepan and boil in salted water for 10 minutes or till soft.
- Cut the bread in to cubes of similar size to the carrots and potatoes and sauté in a frying pan with vegetable oil.
- Finely slice or grate garlic and sauté with the bread to add flavour.
- Chop the pickled cucumber and mix all the ingredients together with the sour cream or egg free mayonnaise and leave to sit for one hour before serving.