|Cook Time||60+ minutes|
- Soak rice, finely cut the greens, and keep aside.
- Remove the stalk of the aubergine and make a cut ¾ so that aubergine is still intact (see picture).
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. As the water begins to boil, add salt and place the cut aubergines in water for 4 to 5 minutes.
- When the aubergines become soft, remove from the pan, allow to cool and then carefully hollow out the flesh using a teaspoon, leaving a shell about 5mm thick.
- Cut the top off the pepper, leaving the stalk intact and remove the seeds (see picture).
- Do the same with tomatoes and carefully scoop the pulp out with a teaspoon or a little knife and gather it in a separate bowl. The vegetables are ready to be stuffed.
- To make stuffing, cook the rice in water (adding salt) for 5 or 6 minutes.
- Add some oil in a pan and fry the optional pine nuts and onions until they are brown.
- Add the leftover tomato pulp and extra half of a finely cut tomato, some of the herbs and stew for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, spices (turmeric, pepper, ginger, Indian spices if desired and salt to taste), and cover with a lid for 1 or 2 minutes.
- As the liquid begins to evaporate, add the greens (dill, basil & mint), carrots, and cabbage and mix well.
- Fill the vegetables with the stuffing using a teaspoon and tightly put them into the base of a wide pan so they can stay upright.
- Drizzle some olive oil and pour enough warm water to fill the pan 2-3 cm up the side of the vegetables.
- Cover with a lid and put the pan onto a low to medium heat for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with natural yogurt.
Share this Recipe