Chocolate Chip Orange Cupcakes
|Cook Time||30 – 60 minutes|
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 125 g golden caster sugar
- 55 mL low fat or fat free plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla essence
- 85 mL oil (olive oil / sunflower oil / rapeseed oil)
- 170 mL fresh squeezed orange juice
- Grated rind of one orange
- 100 g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line a muffin tray with cupcake cups.
- Sift the self-rising flour and baking powder into one large mixing bowl.
- In another small mixing bowl, add sugar, yogurt, vanilla essence and oil, cream together until smooth.
- Add orange juice and grated rind to the sugar/yogurt/oil mixture and mix well.
- Add the flour to liquid mixture a little at a time and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix once again.
- Fill up to half of each cupcake cup with the mixture.
- Place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Place a toothpick into the center of a cupcake. They are done if the toothpick comes out clean.
VARIATIONS OF THE RECIPE
- Use grated rind of one lemon and 170 ml fresh lemon juice instead of the orange juice.
Lime and Coconut Cupcakes
- Use grated rind of 2 limes and 170 mL fresh lime juice. To the cake mixture at the end, add 75 g of desiccated coconut instead of chocolate chips.
Share this Recipe