|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 L curdled milk/yogurt (kefir)
- 500 mL (or less) water
- 150 g raw rice
- ½ a bunch fresh greens (a choice of spring onions, coriander, dill and spinach)
- Finely cut the greens.
- Cook the rice in boiling water for 5–7 minutes until soft.
- Once soft remove from the stovetop.
- Add the cut greens and cooked rice into a frying pan and add half glass of water.
- Let the greens and rice stew on a low heat for 10–15 minutes.
- Once stewed remove the mixture from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Blend the curdled milk/yogurt (kefir) and the water with a food mixer until smooth.
- Add this to the cooled rice and greens and mix again.
- Leave mixture to chill in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes and then serve cold.