Spicy Pumpkin Soup
|Cook Time||30 – 60 minutes|
- 800 g – 1 kg pumpkin
- ½ small carrot
- 1 pn Asafoetida
- 2 medium potatoes
- 500 mL water
- 240 mL dairy cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp curry powder/spices
- ½ tsp ground ginger powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Clean the pumpkin and potatoes, cut them into cubes of similar size, and add to boiling water and cook until it soft.
- Separately, fry the peeled and finely chopped carrot in vegetable oil with asafoetida, curry spices and ground ginger powder.
- Add the fried carrot mix to the saucepan of cooked pumpkin and potatoes and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove saucepan from the heat, pour mixture into the blender, and blend until it becomes a smooth puree.
- Season the soup with salt, add the cream of your choice and stir it in.
- Boil the soup for a further 10 minutes or till cooked.
- Pour pumpkin soup into a plate and serve with a sprinkling of croutons made of rye or bread.
Share this Recipe