Oriental Carrot Soup
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 3 centimetre piece of ginger
- 500 g carrots
- 700 mL water
- 200 mL coconut milk
- Salt adjusted to taste or vegetable bouillon (stock cube)
- Juice of ½ an orange
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- A few coriander leaves
- Peel and finely chop the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Heat a large pan with oil and add the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Clean and chop the carrots into small pieces.
- Add the carrots into the pan and fry for two minutes, stirring the contents.
- Add the water, coconut milk and salt (or vegetable bouillon) and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low temperature and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the orange juice and chili powder to taste.
- Blend the soup until nice and smooth.
- Serve the soup in a bowl with the coriander leaves on top.
Share this Recipe