|Cook Time||60+ minutes|
- 4–5 large tomatoes (remove the skin)
- 1 handful basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 pn Asafoetida
- Spices to taste: black pepper, cumin, turmeric and paprika
- 1 handful parsley (chopped)
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- 1 head of cabbage
- Сut the cabbage stalks and boil the cabbage in boiling salted water until it is almost cooked, then drain, cool and disassemble all the leaves.
- Add the oil into the frying pan and fry all the spices.
- Add the carrots, season with salt.
- Add the parsley and dried basil and stir.
- Then cool the mixture and combine it with the cooked rice to make the stuffing. Season with salt if required.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender.
- Put the stuffing in each individual cabbage leaf and fold into an envelope.
- Pour some of the sauce into the cabbage leaf with the stuffing.
- Put all the stuffed cabbage leaves into an ovenproof dish.
- Cut the remaining cabbage leaves and decorate around the dish and pour over the remaining half of the sauce.
- Cover dish with foil and bake in the oven at 180°C for about 1 hour.
- Once baked, serve immediately with accompaniment of your choice.