Vegetable Bread Spread
|Cook Time||60+ minutes|
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 small courgettes
- 3 medium size potatoes
- 45 mL oil
- 1 tsp spices of your choice (e.g. vegetable masala, salt, pepper, curry powder and chillies or chilli oil if you want it to be more spicy.)
- Place the chickpeas in a colander and rinse. Leave in pot with water for few hours or overnight. Afterwards change water and cook for 1 – 2 hours.
- Once chickpeas are cooked, strain the water and add 45 ml of oil and a teaspoon of your chosen spices. Add a pinch of sugar and leave it covered to marinate.
- Boil the potatoes and courgettes until cooked.
- Blend all cooked ingredients in a food processor.
- Check the taste of the mixture, it may be necessary to add more spices for a better taste.
- Put the blended vegetable spread in a dish and bake at 150ºC for 40 minutes.
- Garnish vegetable spread on bread or crackers with cheese, tomato and coriander or any other fresh herb you like and enjoy.
Share this Recipe