|Cook Time||less than 30 minutes|
- 500 g paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp black cumin seeds
- 5 Tbsp crushed groundnut powder
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 5 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies
- ½ cup water
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Finely cut chillies for garnishing (optional)
- Cut the paneer (cottage cheese) into equal shaped cubes.
- Heat the oil and add the black cumin seeds.
- Add fresh cream and sauté.
- Slowly add mustard and groundnut powder and sauté till the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Pour the water into the mixture and begin to stir slowly.
- Simmer on a low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer (cottage cheese) pieces and tomato sauce into the gravy.
- After this add the green chillies and cook on a low flame for 3 minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Turn the heat off and place the dish in a bowl, garnish the dish with fresh coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Side accompaniments can be a mixed salad and it can be served with roti, naan or steamed rice.
Share this Recipe