Garnet Yams & Basil
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 450 g garnet yams / sweet potatoes, diced into cubes or strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 4 handfuls fresh basil, cut loosely
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- In a pan, warm the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and the yams and let them brown for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Be careful so that they don’t burn, if they get too dark too fast, lower the heat).
- Cover the pan and let it all cook for another 10 minutes.
- Toss in the basil, salt and pepper, and stir until well mixed.
- Serve and enjoy warm or cold.