Tofu & Bean Rice
|Cook Time||30 – 60 minutes|
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp rice bran or vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp tamarind or light soy sauce
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup tofu, small diced
- ½ cup frozen snow peas
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ¼ cup diced carrot
- ¼ cup bell pepper, small diced
- ¼ cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup spring onion, chopped
- Heat oil in a large fry pan or wok over a medium- high heat. Add onion and fry for a minute.
- Add garlic and carrots, stir until golden brown. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add tofu and the rest of the vegetables, except the snow peas.
- Stir well for another 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, stir-fry for a further 4 more minutes.
- Add soy sauce, stir thoroughly and cook for a minute.
- Add in spring onions and snow peas.
- Turn off heat and serve hot.