|Cook Time||60+ minutes|
- 250 g cornstarch
- 250 g Sugar
- 1 pn salt
- 800 mL coconut milk
- 1.2 L water
- Lemongrass (optional)
- Food coloring
- Place the lemongrass and water together in a pan on low-medium heat for 15 minutes.
- In a separate large saucepan sieve the cornstarch and mix with sugar and salt.
- Mix the coconut milk and lemongrass-water in a bowl.
- Slowly add the liquid to the dry ingredients while whisking.
- Place the saucepan on a medium heat and keep stirring gently from the bottom for 30 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Let the mixture simmer for a further 10 minutes on a low heat until the mixture starts to look glassy.
- Pour half of the mixture in a 25 cm x 25 cm glass dish.
- Add the food coloring to the other half and mix well, then slowly pour the mixture in to the same glass dish, on top of the first half.
- Place Lapiz in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes and allow to set before serving.
Share this Recipe