|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 10–12 cucumber
- 10–12 tomatoes
- 40–50 spring onion
- 10 lettuce heads
- 10 cups chopped parsley
- 5 tsp sumac powder
- 20–25 pita bread or khaboos
- 50 lemon wedges
- olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Dice the cucumber, lettuce leaves, tomatoes, spring onion, and parsley.
- Mix the salad all together.
- Cut the bread into small pieces (1 - 2 inches) then deep-fry or toast in a little bit of oil.
- To prepare the dressing, mix salt, pepper, sumac powder and olive oil.
- Mix this dressing with the chopped salad at the time of serving.
- Top it with fried pita bread and choice of extras and a lemon wedge.
- Salad can be topped with some roughly chopped feta cheese too.
- Other greens like mint leaves and rocket leaves can also be added.
- The dish can also be made without the sumac powder, in case it is not available.
- Khaboos is a local Arabic bread, which is like a chapati/roti. It can be replaced with any other croutons or crunchy chips.