|Cook Time||30 – 60 minutes|
- 3 potatoes
- 1 beetroot
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 150 g cabbage
- 1 cup pickled tomato juice or tomato juice
- 1 tomato, fresh or sour
- ½ /1 cup pre-cooked beans
- 1 bay leaf
- Spices [curry, garam masala, or biryani masala (spice to any vegetables with red pepper), black pepper to taste]
- Herbs [fenugreek (kasuri methi) or lovage, parsley, thyme, dill, all to taste]
- Salt to taste
- 2 L water
- First grate the carrots and beetroots separately and keep aside.
- Chop onions and lightly fry in oil until tender.
- Add 2 tomatoes into the saucepan with the onions and stew for 10 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes and place in the saucepan.
- Pour 2 litres of boiling water and salt to taste and cook until potatoes are par boiled.
- Add the beetroot, carrot, finely shredded cabbage and boiled beans to the pan and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato juice, the bay leaf, all the spices and boil further.
- Finally add all the herbs.
- Before serving, on request, 1 spoon of sour cream can be added.
Share this Recipe