|Cook Time||60+ minutes|
- Remove the stalk and big veins of the taro leaves.
- Mix the mung bean flour and water until you have a thick paste.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Then add the rice flour, chopped pepper, cumin, chopped garlic, salt and mix into the paste.
- Apply the paste to the vein side of each of the 4 leaves and stack the leaves on top of each other.
- Make two rolls of 4 leaves each: roll tightly while folding the sides inward. Optional: tie with a thread to hold the leaf roll in place while steaming.
- Steam the rolls for 10 minutes and remove thread if used. (They can be eaten steamed or fried.)
- Cut the rolls in slices of 1 - 2 cm and deep fry the slices.
- Serve the saina hot with a tomato or green chilli chutney or another sauce that you prefer to dip it in.