Nut Choc Chip Cookies
|Cook Time||30 – 60 minutes|
- 120 g butter
- 160 g Brown sugar
- 130 g all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
- 5 Tbsp milk
- 50 g chocolate chips
- 50 g pecan pieces (optional, alternatively other nuts can be used)
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C / 300 °F.
- Cream butter with sugar till light and fluffy. The colour of the mixture should be pale.
- Add salt, milk, vanilla essence and flour and mix well. This will form a dough and should no longer be sticky; it will become possible to shape it into a ball without the dough falling apart.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts to the dough.
- Shape the dough into medium sized balls and use your fingers to flatten the balls into 5-7 mm thick cookies.
- Place on a baking tray and ensure a 4 cm gap between each cookie.
- Bake for 45 minutes till golden.
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack.
Share this Recipe