Coconut & Cinnamon Cookies
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 130 g wheat flour (or whole wheat)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 g shredded, desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 30 g (3 Tbsp) chia seeds
- 200 g Sugar (preferably raw sugar)
- 160 mL olive oil (alternatively coconut oil)
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 60 mL water
- Gather all ingredients and preheat oven.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (wheat flour, baking soda, salt, shredded coconut, cinnamon and chia seeds) except sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (olive oil, vanilla extract, water) and sugar.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mix and pour in the liquid mix. Mix well.
- Roll dough into small balls and then flatten to form the cookies and place them on a baking tray covered in parchment paper (baking paper).
- Bake at 350 °F / 175 °C for 8–10 minutes or until edges have become golden brown.
- Transfer cookies onto a cooling rack and enjoy with a cup of tea!