|Cook Time||60+ minutes|
- 300 g carrot
- 220 g wheat flour
- 120–200 g Sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder (or baking soda) soaked with apple vinegar or lemon juice
- 100 g Raisins
- 100 g mixed nuts
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Wash the carrots, peel, and grind with a fine grater.
- Add sugar and leave for a few minutes until the carrot juice appears.
- Add baking powder, sugar, and flour to the carrots and stir to form a batter.
- Mash and grind nuts to desired size.
- Add washed raisins, sesame seeds, nuts, and stir again.
- Sprinkle with bran semolina or flour on to the baking dish.
- Pour the batter into a 25 cm baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 392 °F or 200 °C for even top and bottom heating.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick or a skewer into the center of the cake, it should come out clean, if not bake for a further 5-10 minutes and check again.
- Cool the cake before serving.
Share this Recipe