|Cook Time||60+ minutes|
- 60 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup sticky rice flour
- 3 cups water
- ¾ cup palm sugar*
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 in ginger, sliced
- 1 pn salt
- To make the ginger syrup add the palm sugar, ginger and water to a medium pot and let it simmer over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes to make the ginger syrup.
- Meanwhile, cook the pumpkin over a steamer for 5 minutes or until it has cooked through and is tender.
- In a bowl, knead the cooked pumpkin and sticky rice flour until it is well combined. The consistency should be dough-like and should not stick on your hands. If you feel that the dough is still sticky add some more flour.
- Roll the dough into very small balls.
- Mix the pumpkin balls in the boiled ginger syrup over a low heat. Once they are cooked, they will float.
- Once the pumpkin balls are cooked, turn off the heat.
- Add a pinch of salt into the coconut cream in a separate bowl and then add the coconut cream to the pumpkin balls.
- Serve immediately.
* An alternative to palm sugar could be taro (root vegetable) or beetroot to make balls as well. The ratio is as below:
- Knead 60 g of steamed taro with ¼ cup of sticky rice flour and add 3 tbsps of water.
- Knead 50 g steamed beetroot with ½ cup of sticky rice flour and add 3 tbsps of water.